For improved finish and blade performance. Lay the side of the wood handle on the table surface and place the silicon carbide stone against the back of the blade to round off the edges and correct weld misalignment. No lubricant needed. View or print Instructions and safety tips.
Use it to round the back of Band Saw Blades as they run to:
- Permit tighter radius cutting
- Clean welds
- Promote longer bearing life
- Remove mushrooming (spread) on back of blade caused by pressure against thrust bearings
- Inhibit metal fatigue (especially on 1/16″ and 1/8″ wide bands)
- Decrease friction, heat, and noise
- Promote smoother finish
- Increase blade life
Scroll Saw Blades
- Remove bur flow (right side) on Scroll (unset, skip, and double tooth) Saw Blades to:
- Promote straighter (more easily controlled) cuts
- Provide a smoother finish
View or print SDS/MSDS sheets on abrasives in the finishing stone.